These themes have been addressed at 14 international workshops, since 1985.
- 15th Workshop took place on 23rd to 25th May, 2017 in Prague in the Czech Republic, Click to view presentations and papers
- 14th Workshop took place on 9th to 11th June, 2015 in Rauma, Finland, Click to view presentations and papers.
- 13th Workshop took place on 13-16th May, 2013 in Nagoya in Japan, Click here to view presentations and papers.
- 12th Workshop took place on 11-13th May, 2011 in Larnaca in Cyprus. Click to view the Workshop Agenda, all presentations for download, short Field Trip video and interactive 360 view.
- 11th Workshop: Liverpool, UK, 2009 where a short meeting was held at the 12 th ICEM (International Conference on Environmental Remediation).
- 10th Workshop: Munich, Germany, 2007 where the workshop examined how current and future studies could be better focussed on providing appropriate data for the various end-users of natural analogue data. Click here to view presentations and papers.
- 9th Workshop: Aarau, Switzerland, 2002, where the theme was the current international status of natural analogues.
- 8th Workshop: Strasbourg, France, 1999, was devoted to a presentation of three, major international natural analogue projects, Oklo (II), Palmottu and Pena Blanca (EUR 19118)
8th NAWG Workshop, Strasbourg 1999
- 7th Workshop: Stein am Rhein, Switzerland, 1996, where one of the main themes of the workshop was the application of natural analogues to toxic wastes ( EUR 17851 EN);
- 6th Workshop: Santa Fe, USA, 1994, where the intention was to review the "state-of-the-art" of several key issues in near-field and far-field processes and their importance to PA with the intention to provide a consensus view of the remaining areas requiring further research in natural analogues (EUR 16761)
6th NAWG Workshop, Santa Fe 1994
- 5th Workshop: Toledo, Spain, 1992, was held in association with the final workshop of the Alligator Rivers Analogues project (EUR 15176)
5th NAWG Workshop, Toledo 1992
- 4th Workshop: Pitlochry, Scotland, 1990, was devoted to review 5 years of NA studies and the final conclusions drawn from the Poças de Caldas study (EUR 13014)
4th NAWG Workshop, Pitlochry, 1990
- 3rd Workshop: Snowbird, USA, 1988, where the application of natural analogues to repository performance assessment was discussed (EUR 11725);
- 2nd workshop: Interlaken, Switzerland, 1986, where anthropogenic analogues and the role of colloids, complexes and microbes have been reviewed (EUR 10671);
- 1st Workshop: Brussels, Belgium, 1985, where the theme was the interaction between the modellers and experimenters (EUR 10315).
1st NAWG Workshop Brussels, 1985